“This CT scan, published in BMJ, clearly shows a pen in the stomach of a 76-year-old woman. According to the case report, the unidentified woman accidentally swallowed the pen while using it to probe an area of her tonsils. Amazingly, the pen could still be used to write, even after a 25-year-long bath in the woman’s stomach acid.”
HuffPost and NYDaily Times clarified that it was a felt tipped pen, but the acid had destroyed any branding. So what kind of felt-tipped pen survives 25 years in an acid bath? Discuss!